Must Know Cardiac and Respiratory Lab Tests – Cyndi Zarbano
CKMB? BNP? Troponins? Learn what they all mean and understand why we order them and how they integrate into a comprehensive cardiac assessment. Understand the wherefores and whys of cardiac workupTime is Muscle! Examine oxygenation, ventilation, acid-base status and more. No matter the setting you work in you will benefit from gaining understanding through application to case studies. Both Inpatient and Outpatient applications will be addressed along with patient monitoring, and practice guidelines for optimizing therapy.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Components of Cardiac Lab Tests
- BNP and Pro-BNP
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Blood Gases: Arterial and Venous
- Acid/Base Compensation
- Decide when the Troponin implies a myocardial infarct and what else can cause modest elevation to this cardiac marker.
- Exploit the differences between ST elevation and ST depression on the EKG as it relates to cardiac insult.
- Explore four abnormal findings on the ABG and common causes of each.
- Utilize a tool for easy analysis of ABG findings