Bessel van der Kolk Trauma Interview Series: Pat Ogden, Ph.D., Pioneer in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy – Bessel Van der Kolk & Pat Ogden
In this special personal interview, Dr. Bessel van der Kolk guides Dr. Pat Ogden in describing her journey as becoming one of the foremost trauma experts from her development of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy.
Hear in Dr. Ogden’s own words how she discovered body-focused techniques that healed trauma clients when her colleagues were unable to achieve the same through talk therapy. Learn how to adapt your practice to incorporate the body and avoid evoking the trauma client’s emotion during therapy.
You will hear how Dr. van der Kolk learned from her work and why he credits her for setting his direction in his research and formed him as a trauma clinician.
This hour-long conversation between two of trauma’s world experts will leave you with a concrete vision of where you should take your trauma therapy techniques.
- Explore healing trauma through body movement therapies
- Communicate important foundational aspects of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Background into Trauma
- Lack of Improvement in Patients
- Change Approach to Improve Therapeutic Outcomes
- Body Focus versus Emotions Focus
- Movement to Release Trauma
- Experiences to Reveal
- Sensations Awareness & Presence and Trauma
- Attunement to Client
- -The Missing Experience
- Movement Reluctance
- The Body Tells the Story
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Addressing Movement and Psychological Beliefs
- Clients Realizing Effects of their Actions
Get Bessel van der Kolk Trauma Interview Series: Pat Ogden, Ph.D., Pioneer in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy of author Bessel Van der Kolk & Pat Ogden only price 24$